Honors and Awards
Main content start
- The R. W. Wood Prize from Optica (formerly the Optical Society of America), 2022
- "For foundational discoveries in photonics, ranging from resonator, topological, and non-reciprocal photonics to energy applications including the discovery of daytime radiative cooling based on a new kind of energy source."
- Simons Investigator in Physics, 2021.
- Vannevar Bush Faculty Fellowship from the U. S. Department of Defense, 2017.
- The Web of Science Highly Cited Researcher in the Field of Physics, since 2015.
- Fellow, IEEE, elected 2010.
- For “contributions to nanophotonics”.
- Fellow, SPIE, elected 2009.
- Fellow, the American Physical Society, elected 2008.
- For “contributions to the theory and applications of nanophotonic structures and devices, including photonic crystals, plasmonics and meta-materials.”
- Fellow, the Optical Society of America (now Optica), elected 2007.
- “For many deep and creative contributions to physics, analysis, and novel devices in semiconductor, dielectric and metallic optical nanostructures”.
- The Adolph Lomb Medal, the Optical Society of America (now Optica), 2007.
- “For fundamental work in nano-photonic structures”.
- The W. O. Baker Award for Initiative in Research, the U. S. National Academy of Sciences, 2007.
- “For innovative research on the theory and applications of photonic crystal devices”.
- David and Lucile Packard Fellowship in Science and Engineering, 2003.
- National Science Foundation Faculty Early Career Development Award, 2002.