518. W. Li and S. Fan, “Radiative cooling: harvesting the coldness of the universe”, Optics and Photonics News, vol. 30, no. 11, pp. 32-39 (2019) (Invited Paper).
517. U. Niedermayer, A. Adelmann, S. Bettoni, M. Calvi, M. Dehler, E. Ferrari, F. Frei, D. Hauenstein, B. Hermann, N. Hiller, R. Ischebeck, C. Lombosi, E. Prat, S. Reiche, L. Rivkin, R. Aßmann, U. Dorda, I. Hartl, W. Kuropka, F. Lemery, B. Marchetti, F. Mayet, H. Xuan, J. Zhu, D. S. Black, P. N. Broaddus, R. L. Byer, A. Ceballos, H. Deng, S. Fan, J. Harris, T. Hirano, T. W. Hughes, Y. Jiang, T. Langenstein, K. Leedle, Y. Miao, A. Ody, A. Pigott, N. Sapra, O. Solgaard, L. Su, S. Tan, J. Vuckovic, K. Yang, Z. Zhao, O. Boine-Frankenheim, T. Egenolf, E. Skär, D. Cesar, P. Musumeci, B. Naranjo, J. Rosenzweig, X. Shen, B. Cowan, R. J. England, Z. Huang, H. Cankaya, M. Fakhari, A. Fallahi, F. X. Kärtner, T. Feurer, P. Hommelhoff, J. Illmer, A. Li, A. Mittelbach, J. McNeur, N. Schönenberger, R. Shiloh, A. Tafel, P. Yousefi, M. Kozak, M. Qi, Y. J. Lee, Y.-C. Huang, and E. Simakov, "Challenges in simulating beam dynamics of dielectric laser acceleration," International Journal of Modern Physics A, vol. 34, art. No. 1942031 (2019).
516. C. Huang, J. Geng, T. Luo, J. Han, Q. Wang, R. Liang, S. Fan, and S. Jiang, "Rare-earth doped optical fibers with multi-section core", iScience, vol. 22, pp 423-429 (2019).
515. T. Hughes, I. Williamson, M. Minkov, and S. Fan, "Wave physics as an analog recurrent neural network", Science Advances, vol. 5, art. No. eaay6946 (2019).
514. C. -C. Chang, Z. Zhao, D. Li, A. J. Taylor, S. Fan, and H. -T. Chen, "Broadband linear-to-circular polarization conversion based enabled by birefringent off-resonance reflective metasurfaces", Physical Review Letters, vol. 123, art. No. 237401 (2019).
513. T. W. Hughes, I. A. D. Williamson, M. Minkov, and S. Fan, “Forward-mode differentiation of Maxwell’s equations”, ACS Photonics, vol. 6. pp. 3010-3016 (2019).
512. C. Guo, Y. Guo and S. Fan, "Relation between photon thermal Hall effect and persistent heat current in non-reciprocal radiative heat transfer", Physical Review B, vol. 100, art. No. 205416 (2019).
511. A. Raman, W. Li and S. Fan, "Generating light from darkness", Joule, vol. 3, pp. 2679-2686 (2019).
510. H. Iizuka and S. Fan, "Casimir force between two plasmonic metallic plates from a real frequency perspective", Journal of the Optical Society of America B, vol. 36, pp. 2981-2988 (2019).
509. M. Dong, N. Chen, X. Zhao, S. Fan, and Z. Chen, “Nightime radiative cooling in hot and humid climates”, Optics Express, vol. 27, pp. 31587-31598 (2019).
508. N. Zhao, I. A. D. Williamson, Z. Zhao, S. Boutami, and S. Fan, “Penetration depth reduction with plasmonic metafilms”, ACS Photonics, vol. 6, pp. 2049-2055 (2019).
507. K. Wang, Y. Guo and S. Fan, "Wave optics light trapping theory: mathematical justification and ultimate limit on enhancement", Journal of the Optical Society of America B, vol. 36, pp. 2414-2422 (2019).
506. B. Zhao, Y. Shi, J. Wang, Z. Zhao, N. Zhao and S. Fan, "Near-complete violation of Kirchhoff's law of thermal radiation with modest magnetic fields", Optics Letters, vol 44, pp. 4203-4206 (2019).
505. N. Z. Zhao, S. Boutami, and S. Fan, "Accelerating adjoint variable method based photonic optimization with Schur complement domain decomposition", Optics Express, vol. 27, pp. 20711-20719 (2019).
504. X. Huang, W. Li, H. Fu, D. Li, C. Zhang, H. Chen, Y. Fang, K. Fu, S. P. DenBaars, S. Nakamura, S. M. Goodnick, C. Z. Ning, S. Fan, and Y. Zhao, "High temperature polarization-free III Nitride solar cells with self-cooling effects", ACS Photonics, vol. 6, pp. 2096-2103 (2019).
503. A. Dutt, M. Minkov, Q. Lin, L. Yuan, D. A. B. Miller and S. Fan, "Experimental band structure spectroscopy along a synthetic dimension", Nature Communications, vol. 10, art. No. 3122 (2019).
502. S. Boutami and S. Fan, “Efficient pixel-by-pixel optimization of photonic devices utilizing the Dyson’s equation in a Green function formalism, part II: implementation using standard electromagnetic solvers”, Journal of the Optical Society of America B, vol. 36, pp. 2387-2394 (2019).
501. S. Boutami and S. Fan, “Efficient pixel-by-pixel optimization of photonic devices utilizing the Dyson’s equation in a Green function formalism, part I: implementation with the method of discrete dipole approximation”, Journal of the Optical Society of America B, vol. 36, pp. 2378-2386 (2019).
500. M. Minkov, D. Gerace and S. Fan, "Double resonant photonic crystal cavity based on a bound state in the continuum for efficiency X(2) nonlinear frequency conversion", Optica, vol. 6, pp. 1039-1045 (2019).
499. L. Cai, Y. Peng, J. Xu, C. Zhou, P. Wu, D. Lin, S. Fan, and Y. Cui, "Temperature regulation in colored infrared-transparent polyethylene textiles", Joule, vol. 3, pp. 1478-1486 (2019).
498. R. Trivedi, M. Radulaski, K. A. Fischer, S. Fan and J. Vuckovic, "Photon blockade in weakly-driven CQED systems with many emitters", Physical Review Letters, vol. 122, art. No. 243602 (2019).
497. B. Zhao, S. Buddhiraju, P. Santhanam, K. Chen, and S. Fan, "Self-sustaining thermophotonic circuits", Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 116, pp. 11596-11601 (2019).
496. S. Xu and S. Fan, "Implications of exceptional points for few-photon transport in waveguide quantum electrodynamics", Physical Review A, vol. 99, art. No. 063806 (2019).
495. T. W. Hughes, R. J. England, and S. Fan, "Reconfigurable Photonic Circuit for Controlled Power Delivery to Laser-Driven Accelerators on a Chip", Physical Review Applied, vol. 11, art. No. 064014 (2019).
494. I. Williamson and S. Fan, "Broadband optical switch based on an achromatic photonic gauge potential in dynamically modulated waveguides", Physical Review Applied, vol. 11, art. No. 054035 (2019).
493. Q. Lin, J. Wang, and S. Fan, "Compact dynamic optical isolator based on tandem phase modulators", Optics Letters, vol. 44, pp. 2240-2243 (2019).
492. M. Ono, P. Santhanam, W. Li, B. Zhao, and S. Fan, "Experimental demonstration of energy harvesting from the sky using the negative illumination effect of a semiconductor photodiode", Applied Physics Letters, vol. 114, art. No. 161102 (2019).
491. X. Ge, M. Minkov, S. Fan, X. Li and W. Zhou, "Laterally confined photonic crystal surface emitting laser incorporating monolayer tungsten disulfide", NPJ 2D Materials and Applications, vol. 3, art. No. 16 (2019).
490. Y. Li, Y. -G. Peng, L. Han, M. -A. Miri, W. Li, M. Xiao, X. -F. Zhu, J. Zhao, A. Alu, S. Fan, and C. -W. Qiu, "Anti-parity-time symmetry in diffusive systems", Science, vol. 364, pp. 170-173 (2019).
489. Z. Zhao, C. Guo and S. Fan, “Connection of temporal coupled-mode-theory formalisms for a resonant optical system and its time-reversal conjugate”, Physical Review A, vol. 99, art. No. 033839 (2019).
488. M. Xiao, X. Sun and S. Fan, "Nodal chain semimetal in geometrically frustrated systems", Physical Review B. vol. 99, art. No. 094206 (2019).
487. L. Yuan, Q. Lin, A. Zhang, M. Xiao, X. Chen and S. Fan, "Photonic gauge potential in one cavity with synthetic frequency and orbital angular momentum dimensions", Physical Review Letters, vol. 122, art. No. 083903 (2019).
486. N. Zhao, Z. Zhao, I. Williamson, S. Boutami, B. Zhao, and S. Fan, "High reflection from a one-dimensional array of graphene nanoribbons", ACS Photonics, vol. 6, pp. 339-344 (2019).
485. G. T. Papadakis, B. Zhao, S. Buddhiraju, and S. Fan, “Gate-tunable near-field heat transfer”, ACS Photonics, vol. 6, pp. 709-719 (2019).
484. Rituraj, P. B. Catrysse, and S. Fan, “Scattering of electromagnetic waves by cylinder inside uniaxial hyperbolic medium”, Optics Express, vol. 27, pp. 3991-4003 (2019).
483. H. Iizuka and S. Fan, "Modal approach to optical forces between waveguides as described by transformation optics formalism", Optics Letters, vol. 44, pp. 867-870 (2019).
482. A. Dutt, M. Minkov, Q. Lin, L. Yuan, D. A. B. Miller and S. Fan, “Experimental Demonstration of Dynamical Input Isolation in Nonadiabatically Modulated Photonic Cavities”, ACS Photonics, vol. 6, pp. 162-169 (2019).
481. Y. Guo, M. Xiao, Y. Zhou and S. Fan, "Arbitrary polarization conversion with a photonic crystal slab", Advanced Optical Materials, vol. 7, art. No. 1801453 (2019). (Invited Paper).
480. H. Wang, S. Assawaworrarit, and S. Fan, "Dynamics for encircling an exceptional point in a nonlinear non-Hermitian system", Optics Letters, vol. 44, pp. 638-641 (2019).
479. A. Song, Y. Shi, Q. Lin, and S. Fan, "Direction-dependent parity-time phase transition and non-reciprocal directional amplification with dynamic gain-loss modulation", Physical Review A, vol. 99, art. No. 013824 (2019).
478. S. Tan, Z. Zhao, K. Urbanek, T. Hughes, Y. J. Lee, S. Fan, J. S. Harris, and R. L. Byer, “Silicon nitride waveguide as a power delivery component for on-chip dielectric laser accelerators”, Optics Letters, vol. 44, pp. 335-338 (2019).
477. M. Zhang, C. Wang, Y. Hu, A. Shams-Ansari, T. Ren, S. Fan, and M. Loncar, "Electronically programmable photonic molecule", Nature Photonics, vol. 13, pp. 36-40 (2019).
476. Y. Li, K. J. Zhu, Y. G. Peng, W. Li, T. Yang, H. X. Su, H. Chen, X. F. Zhu, S. Fan, and C. -W. Qiu, “Thermal meta-device in analogue of zero-index photonics”, Nature Materials, vol. 18, pp. 48-54 (2019).
475. Z. Chen, L. Zhu, W. Li and S. Fan, "Simultaneously and synergistically harvest energy from the sun and outer space", Joule, vol. 3, pp. 101-110 (2019).