393. A. M. Urbas, Z. Jacob, L. D. Negro, N. Engheta, A. D. Boardman, P. Egan, A. B. Khanikaev, V. Menon, M. Ferrera, N. Kinsey, C. DeVault, J. Kim, V. Shalaev, A. Boltasseva, J. Valentine, C. Pfeiffer, A. Grbic, E. Narimanov, L. Zhu, S. Fan, A. Alù, E. Poutrina, N. M. Litchinitser, M. A. Noginov, K. F. MacDonald, E. Plum, X. Liu, P. F. Nealey, C. R. Kagan, C. B. Murray, D. A. Pawlak, I. I. Smolyaninov, V. N. Smolyaninova and D. Chanda, “Roadmap on optical metamaterials”, Journal of Optics, vol. 18. Art. No. 093005 (2016) (Invited Paper).
392. S. V. Boriskina, M. A. Green, K. Catchpole, E. Yablonovitch, M. C. Beard, Y. Okada, S. Lany, T. Gershon, A. Zakutayev, M. H. Tahersima, V. J. Sorger, M. J. Naughton, K. Kempa, M. Dagenais, Y. Yao, L. Xu, X. Sheng, N. D. Bronstein, J. A. Rogers, A. P. Alivisatos, R. G. Nuzzo, J. M. Gordon, D. M. Wu, M. D. Wisser, A. Salleo, J. Dionne, P. Bermel, J.-J. Greffet, I. Celanovic, M. Soljacic, A. Manor, C. Rotschild, A. Raman, L. Zhu, S. Fan and G. Chen, “Roadmap on optical energy conversion”, Journal of Optics, vol. 18, art. No. 073004 (2016) (Invited Paper).
391. P. B. Catrysse, A. Y. Song, and S. Fan, “Photonic Structure Textile Design for Localized Thermal Cooling Based on a Fiber Blending Scheme”, ACS Photonics, vol. 3, pp. 2420-2426 (2016).
390. K. Chen and S. Fan, “Non-equilibrium Casimir force with a non-zero chemical potential for photons”, Physical Review Letters, vol. 117, art. No. 267401 (2016).
389. A. Cerjan and S. Fan, “Effects of non-uniform distributions of gain and loss in photonic systems”, New Journal of Physics, vol. 18, art. No. 125007 (2016) (invited paper).
388. Y. Guo and S. Fan, “Narrowband thermal emission from a uniform tungsten surface critically coupled with a photonic crystal guided resonance”, Optics Express, vol. 24, pp. 29896-29907 (2016).
387. A. Cerjan and S. Fan, “Eigenvalue dynamics in the presence of non-uniform gain and loss”, Physical Review A, vol. 94, art. No. 033857 (2016).
386. Q. Lin, M. Xiao, L. Yuan and S. Fan, “Photonic Weyl Point in a Two-Dimensional Resonator Lattice with a Synthetic Frequency Dimension”, Nature Communications, vol. 7, art. No. 13731 (2016).
385. S. Verweij, and S. Fan, “Understanding search behavior via search landscape analysis in design optimization of optical structures”, Journal of the Optical Society of America B, vol. 33, pp. 2457-2471 (2016).
384. J. Y. Kim, H. Kim, B. H. Kim, T. Chang, J. W. Lim, H. M. Jin, J. H. Mun, Y. J. Choi, J. Shin, S. Fan, S. O. Kim, “Highly tunable refractive index visible-light metasurface from block copolymer self-assembly”, Nature Communications, vol. 7, art. No. 12911 (2016).
383. Z. Chen, L. Zhu, A. Raman, and S. Fan, “Radiative cooling to deep subfreezing temperatures through a 24-hour day-night cycle”, Nature Communications, vol. 7, art. No. 13729 (2016).
382. Y. Shi, W. Shin and S. Fan, “A multi-frequency finite-difference frequency-domain algorithm for active nanophotonic device simulations”, Optica, vol. 3, pp. 1256-1259 (2016).
381. H. Iizuka and S. Fan, “Temporal coupled mode theory linking to surface-wave dispersion relations in near-field electromagnetic heat transfer”, Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 120, art. No. 194301 (2016).
380. L. Yuan, M. Xiao and S. Fan, “Time reversal of a wave packet with temporal modulation of gauge potential”, Physical Review B, Rapid Communications, 94, 140303 (2016).
379. S. Xu and S. Fan, “Fano interference in two-photon transport”, Physical Review A, vol. 94, art. No. 043826 (2016).
378. L. Zhu and S. Fan, “Persistent directional current in non-reciprocal many-body near field electromagnetic heat transfer”, Physical Review Letters, vol. 117, art. No. 134303 (2016).
377. T. Hughes and S. Fan, “Plasmonic Circuit Theory for Multi-Resonant Light Funneling to a Single Spatial Hot Spot”, Nano Letters, vol. 16, pp. 5764-5769 (2016).
376. P. Hsu, A. Song, P. Catrysse, C. Liu, Y. Peng, J. Xie, S. Fan and Y. Cui, “Radiative human body cooling by nanoporous polyethylene textile”, Science, vol. 353, pp. 1019-1023 (2016).
375. K. Chen, P. Santhanam, and S. Fan, “Near-field enhanced negative luminescence refrigeration”, Physical Review Applied, vol. 6, art. No. 024014 (2016).
374. L. Yuan and S. Fan, “Bloch oscillation and unidirectional translation of frequency in a dynamically modulated ring resonator”, Optica, vol. 3, pp. 1014-1018 (2016).
373. M. Xiao, Q. Lin and S. Fan, “Hyperbolic Weyl point in reciprocal chiral metamaterial”, Physical Review Letters, vol. 117, art. No. 057401 (2016).
372. Y. Shen, G. Fang, A. Cerjan, S. Fan, and C. Jin, “Slanted gold mushroom array: a switchable unidirectional surface plasmon polariton coupler and splitter”, Nanoscale, vol. 8, art. No. 15505-15513 (2016).
371. A. Cerjan, A. Raman, and S. Fan, “Exceptional contours and band structure design in parity-time symmetric photonic crystals”, Physical Review Letters, vol. 116, art. No. 203902 (2016).
370. J. Zhao, Y. Guo, L. Cai, H. Li, K. X. Wang, I. S. Cho, C. H. Lee, S. Fan, and X. Zheng, “High-Performance Ultrathin BiVO4 Photoanode on Textured Polydimethylsiloxane Substrates for Solar Water Splitting”, ACS Energy Letters, vol. 1, pp. 68-75 (2016).
369. R. St-Gelais, L. Zhu, S. Fan and M. Lipson, “Near-field radiative heat transfer between nanostructures in the deep subwavelength regime”, Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 11, pp. 515-519 (2016).
368. P. Santhanam and S. Fan, “Thermal-to-electrical conversion by diodes under negative illumination”, Physical Review B, Rapid Communications, vol. 93, art. No. 161410 (2016).
367. L. Yuan, Y. Shi and S. Fan, “Photonic gauge potential in a system with a synthetic frequency dimension”, Optics Letters, vol. 41, pp. 741-744 (2016).
366. L. Zhu, F. Liu, H. Liu, J. Hu, Z. Yu, X. Wang and S. Fan, “Angle-selective perfect absorption with two-dimensional materials”, Light: Science and Applications, vol. 5, art. No. E16052 (2016).
365. J. Piper and S. Fan, “Broadband Absorption Enhancement in Atomically Thin Solar Cells”, ACS Photonics, vol. 3, pp. 571-577 (2016).
364. I. Karakasoglu and S. Fan, “Controlling electrostatic coulomb interaction using metamaterials”, Physical Review B, vol. 93, art. No. 075433 (2016).
363. Y. Shi and S. Fan, “Dynamic non-reciprocal meta-surfaces with arbitrary phase reconfigurability based on photonic transition in meta-atoms”, Applied Physics Letters, vol. 108, art. No. 021110 (2016).